SUBSCRIBE for weekly episodes and bonuses: https://www.youtube.com/user/NLKeri
Visit me anytime on my WEBSITE: http://www.http://nutritiouslife.com/.com/
Today I’m going to be talking about how to live your most Nutritious Life! It’s not all about the food. So many other factors in your life affect your weight and your relationship with food, so it’s important to make changes in and focus on all aspects of your life!
1. Drink Up: Our bodies are up to 70% water! Being dehydrated can zap energy levels, slow down your metabolism, and make you feel hungry. I recommend grabbing a 32 ounce water bottle. All you have to do is fill it up twice a day and you’re good to go. Also drink two cups of green tea a day to stay hydrated and get in those great antioxidants found in green tea.
2. Eat Empowered: So many of us think of food in a negative way. Flip the switch to a place of positive energy and empowerment and know you’re in control, not the food. It’s not “I can’t eat the dessert.” It’s, “I can eat the blueberries!”
3. Live Consciously: The environment that surrounds us can impact both our mental and physical health. We can’t always control our environment, but we can do small things like making a clutter-free (and stress free!) zone in our office or home. Think of one area in your life that you can declutter!
4. Love More: Losing weight increases your libido, but having sex can help you lose weight too! Oxytocin, a hormone that acts as an antioxidant, is released during sex, a cuddle with your pet, or holding hands.
5. Nurture Yourself: Put the oxygen mask on yourself before helping others! We so often forget to take the time to care for ourselves. The time that you spend caring for yourself physically can reap huge mental and physical rewards.
6. Sleep Deep: When we sleep well we’re more energetic, make healthier food choices and are less likely to become obese. I want you to start practicing good sleep hygiene today! Your homework for tonight: give yourself a bedtime and try to stick to it.
7. Stress Less: We’re all experiencing way more stress than we should! Stress increases the level of the hormone cortisol in our bodies, which in turn makes our bodies crave carbohydrates, specifically high sugar carbohydrates, and store fat around the midsection. There are things you can do right now to take your stress down a notch. Try an eight count breath – breathe in for a count of eight and out for a count of eight. Try this for even just 4 minutes a day and you’ll sleep and feel better!
8. Sweat Often: When we exercise we release endorphins, which make you feel good and motivate you to eat well. Set a realistic goal you can be super consistent with.
Let’s Connect on Social Media!
▶ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KeriGlassmanNutritiousLife
▶ Instagram: https://instagram.com/keriglassman/
▶ Twitter: https://twitter.com/keriglassman
▶ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/keriglassman/