Anyone wanting to be healthier knows that they should eat more fresh vegetables and fruit along with lean meat. It’s sometimes difficult in the modern world to stick to the healthiest foods because many people are so busy and convenience food is so readily available. For this reason, most people often try to balance their daily diet between healthy foods and those foods that are convenient. But there are some foods that should never be eaten.
Five Foods To Never Eat
1. When margarine first came to the market it was promoted as a healthier alternative to butter. And for many years people would eat more of it because they thought of it as healthy. But it has long been knowing that margarine and the trans fats that are contained in it is horrible for the body.
2. Many consumers buy diet foods thinking they are healthier and lower in calories. The fact is that many of these foods are lower in fat but high in calories and sugar. Many of these foods are very tasty and because people think of them as diet food they very often consume more of them. A calorie is a calorie and just because the food is labeled diet does not mean it will help a person lose weight.
3. Don’t use artificial sweeteners. Some of these sweeteners have been shown to cause cancer. That alone should be enough reason not to consume those things. But new evidence shows those sweeteners to be linked to rising obesity rates. Science does not fully understand why but it seems that the artificial sweeteners trick the body into thinking that it is sugar and this triggers the body into releasing insulin and storing food as fat to protect the body from too much sugar in the blood.
4. Frozen foods are very convenient but the problem is they use an extreme amount of salt and some even add a lot of sugar along with many other unhealthy ingredients. It is very easy to get into the habit of just grabbing a frozen meal, throwing it in the microwave, and enjoying the convenience of it. But these Foods really should be avoided.
5. While soda is not a food it should be included on this list as it is often consumed with a meal and is extremely dangerous for a person’s health. The amount of sugar in this drink and the fact that it is immediately available in the body puts an extreme burden on the body to control the sugar consumed when drinking soda. For this reason, it should be avoided altogether.
A person’s main diet should consist of meals that include lean meat, fresh vegetables and a piece of fruit. Convenience foods should be limited to only once or twice a week. It takes time but with some effort, most anyone can easily change to a healthy diet.
It is important to know that many foods considered unhealthy are ok to eat as long as they are consumed only occasionally. The five foods to never eat listed above, however, should never be eaten. Good food helps the body stay healthy.