Please Subscribe for 3x Videos Per Week + Live Broadcasts!
Special Limited Offer for Bone Broth Here:
COUPON CODE: THOMAS20 for 20% off!
Fasting Tips: 3 Best Foods to Break a Fast- Thomas DeLauer…
Fasting for Health Purposes – Bone Broth
Bone Broth Contains:
Collagen: the main structural protein found within the human body that helps form connective tissue and “seals” the protective lining of the gastrointestinal tract.
It’s also the gel-like, smooth structure that covers and holds our bones together, allowing us to glide and move freely. As a rich source of gelatin (breakdown of collagen), bone broth protects and seals the mucosal lining of the GI tract, which means it improves nutrient absorption.
Helps the body break down proteins and helps improve skin elasticity and smoothness. It is often recommended for its benefits to the heart, including keeping arteries from stiffening.
Glycine: Necessary for DNA and RNA synthesis and digestive health. It is used for the production of glutathione, for blood sugar regulation and digestion
Glutamine: Glutamine has protective effects on intestinal mucosa by decreasing bacteremia and epithelial cell apoptosis, enhancing gut barrier function, and influencing gut immune response – glutamine can fight against bad gut flora by protecting against mucosal breakdown in the gut.
Beneficial for lowering inflammation and improving the health of the blood vessels and cardiovascular system – improves blood flow in people with clogged arteries
Positively affects both central nervous system and immune system functions since in the brain NO (arginine converted to NO) acts as a neurotransmitter and protective agent against outside threats (4) Kettle and Fire Bone Broth also contains ACV. ACV has high concentrations of acetic acid. Like other acids, acetic acid can increase your body’s absorption of important minerals from the foods you eat. Also reduces glycemic and insulin responses to foods such as a starchy meal by delaying gastric emptying (5)
Fasting for fat loss – MCT Oil:
Most fatty acids depend upon bile salt emulsification in order to be metabolized and absorbed. MCTs have a slightly lower caloric effect than typical long-chain fatty acids (LCFA). LCFAs have 9 calories per gram while MCTs have about 8 calories per gram. Fatty acids produce energy in the mitochondria but are dependent upon the L-carnitine compound in order for entry. MCTs provide immediate energy because they are able to cross the double mitochondrial membrane very rapidly and do not require the presence of carnitine. Instead of being packaged into lipoproteins that circulate in the bloodstream, they are absorbed directly into the bloodstream through the portal vein, and are then transported to the liver (6) This is basically allowing your body to prime itself upon breaking a fast.
One study found that consuming MCT oils helped reduce body fat and triglycerides more than omega 6 vegetable oils. After eight weeks, the experiment showed the MCT oil group lost more weight, body fat, and subcutaneous fat, all while experiencing a 15 percent drop in triglycerides (7) Breaking a fast for muscle building while staying lean (higher glycemic carbs) Using the GI of carbs is a technique most commonly used to regulate blood glucose and insulin concentrations to optimize athletic performance/physique building. You should break your fast with high GI carbs but avoid combining these with fatty foods – fat slows down transit through the stomach, so eating fat post fast may slow the digestion and absorption of carbs. This is due to a slowdown in gastric emptying – the rate at which food passes from the stomach into the intestines, where the nutrients (such as glucose) are absorbed into the bloodstream (8)
1) Fasting enhances growth hormone secretion and amplifies the complex rhythms of growth hormone secretion in man. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/?page=6
2) Pituitary-testicular axis in obese men during short-term fasting.(n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Pituitary-testicular+axis+in+obese+men+during+short-term+fasting
3) Role of Intermittent Fasting on Improving Health and Reducing Diseases. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4257368/
4) Bone Broth Benefits and Uses | Wellness Mama. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://wellnessmama.com/23777/bone-broth-benefits/
5) Effects of Acetic Acid (Vinegar) on Glycemic and Insulinemic Response to Food: Inhibitory Effects on Digestive and Other Enzymes. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.life-enhancement.com/magazine/article/1711-effects-of-acetic-acid-vinegar-on-glycemic-and-insulinemic-response-to-food-inhibitory-effects-o
6) 5 Reasons to Use MCT Oil for Ketosis. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://drjockers.com/5-reasons-to-use-mct-oil-for-ketosis/