This video is basically going to be about some of the things that I eat in order to maintain my body weight. My last video was about How and When I eat, it’s called “Intermittent Fasting.”
Intermittent Fasting Video:
At-home work-out videos:
Video on Pinwheel Wraps:
Garbanzo Bean Dip:
I don’t have a link to a recipe because my mother-in-law just told me about it, but this is how I make it.
First I soften the onions in a pan
Then I add:
Canned diced tomatoes (undrained)
Garbanzo beans (drained)
A little minced garlic for flavor
And about 5 shakes of paprika
I heat it on medium high for about 10 minutes tops just so the flavors can marry
Let it cool and stick it in a tupperware in the fridge. 🙂 It’s good warm or refrigerated. 😊
So the way that I maintain my body weight it probably about 85-90% eating right. And the other 10-15% is staying active and doing home work out.
Poor eating habits not only lead to a weakened immune system, which can make you more suseptible to developing Cancer, but it can also lead to:
• Coronary Heart Disease
• Type 2 Diabetes
• High Blood Pressure
• High Cholesterol levels
So here’s what I eat and what I don’t eat:
• I don’t eat fast foods.
• I don’t drink sodas.
• I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, so sweets are not really a weakness for me. I think my biggest weakness is cheese.
• I don’t cut out any of the food groups.
• I don’t practice any type of portion control. To me that seems too restrictive. I would rather eat a ton of something healthy than a little bit of something unhealthy. Not just that, I didn’t want to only look good on the outside, I wanted to know that I’m healthy on the inside too.
• I don’t “diet”
This is the way that I eat:
• I eat for nutrition (not to say that everything that I put in my mouth is packed with nutrition, because some of it is just low-fat, low calorie filler food, but from day to day I do a pack in a lot of nutrition.
• I keep healthy options prepared and ready to grab
• I eep my trigger foods and foods that I have a weakness towards out of my house.
• I satisfy cravings with Alternatives – For most of the foods you enjoy, there is always going to be a healthier way to prepare it, using healthier alternatives. You just have to look for it. Books, Internet, etc.
• I don’t fry foods
• I don’t eat fast food (except on rare occasions)
• I buy lean meats ALWAYS and bake or grill them without Butter and Oils. It can be done!
• If I’m going to be making something that requires a cream base of some sort, whether it’s cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, sour cream, cream cheese…I’ll always buy the reduced fat versions or substitute greek yogurt for sour cream
• I believe seasoning and different spices can be your best friend when you’re trying to eat more nutritoous
Some of the snacks that I like to prepare and keep in my fridge are things like:
Garbanzo Beans Dip
Chicken Salad made with celery, onions, pickles and little light helmans
Watermelon cut up
Stawberries cut up
Zucchini spears with soy sauce and wasabi
15 Bean Soup with turkey sausage
Chili with Lean beef
Green Bean Casserole
Things that I don’t have prepared that I may grab for are things like:
Turkey and Cheese Pinwheel Wraps
Baked potatoes with salsa and plain greek yogurt
Cauliflower, rice and cheese
Fresh Spring Rolls
Fresh Sushi Bowl
Bean and cheese burrito with lettuce
Corn tortilla bean and cheese quesadillas
Egg Whites or poached eggs with toast
Cottage Cheese and Pineapples
If I have a sweet tooth, which is rare, I might grab:
A cup of dry cereal (froot loops)
Low fat cookies
Chocolate yogurt icecream
For dinner we eat a lot of Lean Meats:
Super Lean Hamburger Meat
Leg Quarters and Chicken Legs seasoned and baked
And we eat a lot of vegetable:
Sautéed mushrooms and onions
Sautéed zucchini and squash
FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/jeniferbeautyover40